Hey Everyone,
Sorry for not posting sooner, but I wanted to let you know I'm here in moldova safe and sound - just really busy with the next 2 months of training. We arrived last weds (all 40 of us from the states) after an 8 hour layover in Germany and spent 3 days in the capital, Chisinau. I found out the first night that I'll be learning Russian instead of Romanian. After only 2 language lessons, we met our host families last saturday and went with them to our site for the next 2 months. I'm in the town of Orhei (and in the internet cafe now) which is a small city situated on the outskirts of a forest, 30 mins from Chisinau (really pretty -- i'll post pictures soon!). My family consists of a host mom, her 17yr old niece, and an adorable 5 yr old boy. He only speaks Romanian and is adament that I speak it with him (when he's not trying to distract me from my homework :)
There are 2 volunteers living in Orhei, since we're the only ones learning Russian, so everyday I walk about 5 mins through my neighborhood to the house where my teacher's living for class. My schedule for training is language class 5 days a week from 8:30 am-1pm, technical and health training in another town with all of the volunteers 3 days a week, and different activities and trips the rest of the time.
I have a cell phone here! I'll email my number out, so look for it.
Miss you all and I'll surely post pics soon so you can get more of sense of my life here.
Neha :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Neha- sounds like things are off to a great start! Happy Belated Birthday.. am looking forward to the pics and future posts..
glad to hear you're doing well...i missed your call the other day... will call u back soon..Everybody's been calling to ask if you got there OK etc. we miss you...it's very quiet.Let us know when you get the package. Anxiously waiting to see the pics. love, mummy
hey there! everything sounds like it is going really well! its so exciting! Your so lucky your going to be learning russian - can't wait to see those pics!
bob
I'm glad everything is going so well. The little boy sounds like so much fun! Oh, and thanks for the early birthday card...I got that the day you left.
hehe...neha, it sounds like you're great & being kept busy...i'm glad you got a cell phone & have internet access...most importantly share stories of your new "brother"...i love that he insists you learn romanian...you're talented...i'm sure you can!...what's the food like? (did you try mayo on pizza yet?)...missing you as always :-/
love, sonal
Hi Neha--
Glad to hear that you traveled safely and are settling in. Sounds like you might officially learn Russian and informally Romanian (at least the tests in Romanian will be practical and on a 5 year old level. You can do that!)
Daniel took over your desk today. They had to find him a computer--yours had disappeared for use in an emergency. And he had to dig his way in because of all the boxes and ticket printers stacked up waiting for the mythical move. He'll soon get us back to the shape you left us in.
By the way, what's the time difference between Philadelphia and Moldova?
hey neenee,
glad things are going well. i'm in my new trailer home in tugela ferry...we have goats in our front yard! hope you're working on your moldovan bhangra team:)
love,
p
miss you !
hope your having a good good time so far :)
Ok - So I've had enough of this whole idea of you being in another country. Its time for you to come back! Come home! Please!!!
Miss you!
Post a Comment