October 4, 2007
I’m almost finished with the third week of training and am getting adjusted to life here in Moldova. My typical day consists of waking by 7 AM. After a trip to the outhouse (we have indoor plumbing, but not for the toilet), passing through the vegetable garden and the smell of red wine in my backyard, (many families here make their own wine- I moved in during wine making season and was able to see my host mom making some, then we drank some fresh from the barrels!) I usually have breakfast on my own, then take the 5 minute walk to language class passing stray dogs, cows grazing, a goat here or there and lots of Turkeys. Since there’s only 2 of us learning Russian, we have class with our teacher on the second floor of a house. It usually lasts until 1 PM and I head home for lunch. My afternoons are usually spent traveling to a different village for PC training, meeting about a project we have to do during training, or my favorite SDA’s. (self directed activities--- PC loves their acronyms.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment