October 22nd, 2007
This past weekend was a much needed rest from Peace corps planned activites. On Saturday morning I had language class, and spent the rest of the day reading, hanging around the house, and watching dirty dancing on TV with my host family. (“Grazni Tantse”) So I will be in training until November 22nd, they day we get “sworn-in” as volunteers. During training, the 38 of us volunteers are split between 5 different towns. In my town there’s only 1 other volunteer, and 2 times a week we meet up with the rest of the group for vaccinations, health & safety, and technical trainings. After November 22nd, our group will be scattered around the country in different cities where we’ll live for the next 2 years. (Comrat for me, woop!) Also, the first 3 months at our new site (December, January, February) are called “locked down.” This is where PC challenges us to stay in our town and leave only if we’re with our new host families.
Today we had a dance lesson to learn how to do the Hora and other Moldovan dances. A group of 8-10 people are going to perform at our swearing in ceremony, but until then anyone can learn just for fun. About 25 of us were herded into a basement/ex- discoteque where we spent 2 hours dancing to live accordion music. It was fun!
Hope everyone at home has been well! Miss you a lot, be sure to keep the emails and updates coming! <3 Neha a.k.a. HEXA (po-roosky)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Laura made me delete my original comment, but I just wanted to say I am excited to read your blog.
I'm glad you finally wrote again and that everythings going ok! Since you like watching movies with your family, do you want me to find a copy of Fairy Tales that you can all watch together? haha jk
Post a Comment