Hello everyone!
So it's my final week of training and will be a busy one. On Monday I have an oral Russian exam to test my level of proficiency. We'll be speaking with a tester for about 20 minutes and then they decide what level we place in. Peace corps has 3 different levels: Novice, Intermediate and Advanced, and they are split into subcategories. I have to test at intermediate low and the Romanian speakers are supposed to be at intermediate mid.
Then on Wednesday morning we'll move out from our host families and go to Chisinau we're we'll spend the night. Thursday is our swearing in ceremony to "officially" become volunteers, and that night we move to our new sites and in with our new host families.
Since there's no big thanksgiving dinner this year, I may try to make some candied yams for my new host family (we'll see if i can find some sweet potatoes)!
I'll write again soon, and also post some more pictures!
take care!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good luck with your oral exam!
Hey. Yam and sweet potatoes are not the same thing. Don't you hate it when other people leave annoying comments on your blog.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_potato
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yam_%28vegetable%29
Post a Comment